Pure Michigan summer is in full swing! Independence day is right around the corner and you have a lot to celebrate! Grab your friends, family and neighbors and head to the nearest fireworks display. If you aren’t aware of a public show in your area, this handy list will help you search for the right display for you. You can search by county, city or date. https://michiganfireworks.com/
As you head out to see the fireworks in your area, consider a picnic or tailgate party to make the day more festive. Show up early and don’t skimp on the menu! Burgers and brats are a must, but also consider kebabs, steak or shrimp. The sky is the limit!
A portable grill is exactly what you need to make your picnic a success. However, it’s especially important to keep safety in mind when you are grilling in a public area. Here are several steps to safely cook up dinner:
- Always make sure the grill is attended by an adult.
- Never grill indoors – this includes a camper, tent, or any enclosed area.
- Make sure everyone, including the pets, stays away from the grill.
- Keep the grill out in the open, away from the car, tree branches, or anything that could catch fire.
- Using long-handled tools on the grill will keep the chef safe.
Whether enjoying fireworks in public or at home, these tips will keep your family safe:
- Always follow the instructions on the packaging, and never give to small children.
- Keep a supply of water close by as a precaution.
- Make sure the person lighting fireworks always wears eye protection.
- Light only one firework at a time and never attempt to relight “a dud.”
- Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials.
Have a fun and safe 4th of July!